Digital Post Australia Pty Limited (and its related entities) (referred to as DPA, we or our) are committed to the protection of your Personal Information in accordance with the National Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and if applicable, any privacy principles in relation to health information for the private sector set out in State and Territory legislation (State Privacy Principles).
What is "Personal Information"?
- 1.1 "Personal Information" is any information or opinion about a person, whether true or not, from which that person may be identified.
- 1.2 "Sensitive Information" is any information or an opinion about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual preferences or practices, or criminal record, that is also personal information, or health information about an individual, or genetic information about an individual that is not otherwise health information.
When do we collect Personal Information?
- 2.1 DPA collects your Personal Information in a variety of ways to allow it to conduct its business functions and to market its products.
- 2.2 The Personal Information DPA may collect includes your name, gender, date of birth, contact details (including personal or work email and postal addresses) or credit card information (where applicable).
2.3 DPA may collect Personal Information when you:
- (a) visit our website;
- (b) participate in promotions;
- (c) register for promotional materials or complete surveys;
- (d) request information on DPA, our products or services;
- (e) register for our products or services;
- (f) use our products or services (including any information you send, receive or store through our products and services, including the content of mail sent, received or stored through our products and services);
- (g) provide feedback or otherwise submit information to us through the website; or
- (h) contact us by telephone, facsimile, email, post or in person.
- 2.5 DPA may also collect Personal Information about you via other third parties, such as those that facilitate the use of our products and services (including providing payment facilities) and those that facilitate the Mail Originators disclosing your Personal Information to us.
- 2.6 DPA will only collect your Personal Information from third parties other than Mail Originators if it is not reasonable or practical to collect this information directly from you.
Personal Information collected via our website
- 3.1 DPA will not collect any Personal Information about users of our website except when they knowingly provide it or otherwise in the situations described in clause 2 above.
Click Stream Data
- 3.2 When you visit and browse our website, our website host and other third parties engaged by us may collect Personal Information for statistical, reporting and maintenance purposes.
3.3 Subject to clause 3.8, the Personal Information collected by our website host will not be used to identify you. The information may include:
- (i) the number of users visiting our website and the number of pages viewed;
- (ii) the date, time and duration of a visit;
- (iii) the IP address of your computer; or
- (iv) the path taken through our website.
- 3.4 DPA’s website host uses this information to administer and improve the performance of our website.
- 3.5 Cookies are small text files that are transferred to a user's computer hard drive by a website for the purpose of storing information about a user's identity, browser type or website visiting patterns.
- 3.6 If you access our website, a cookie may be downloaded onto your computer's hard drive when you first log on to our website.
- 3.7 You can adjust your internet browser to disable cookies, however DPA and other third parties engaged by us may not be able to provide you with all the service or functionality you require on our website if you choose to do so.
- 3.8 Web beacons are images that originate from a third party site to track visitor activities. DPA and other third parties engaged by us may use web beacons to track the visiting patterns of individuals accessing our website.
How DPA uses the Personal Information it collects about you
- 4.1 DPA's products or services may allow you to provide information to, and receive information from, Mail Originators. In facilitating this transfer of information (or storing this information in our products or services), DPA may collect Sensitive Information about you from you or via Mail Originators where the content of the mail that you elect to store or send to or receive from Mail Originators contains Sensitive Information.
- 4.2 Other than as outlined below in clause 5, DPA will only use Sensitive Information to provide you with the products or services you have specifically requested and will only disclose this information to a Mail Originator where you elect to provide that information to that Mail Originator.
- 4.3 DPA uses the Personal Information it collects about you (other than Sensitive Information) for our business functions and activities which may include the following:
- (i) to match up and verify your identity against the information provided to us by Mail Originators;
- (ii) to have Mail Originators provide us with your details;
- (iii) to provide you with information, products or services you have requested, including to provide you with communications from Mail Originators;
- (iv) to promote and market our products and services to you (including information about other Mail Originators that use our products and services that you may elect to receive communications from);
- (v) to personalise and customise your experiences with our website;
- (vi) to communicate with you, including sending you activation codes via post to set up your products or services with us; and
- (vii) to conduct research for the purposes of improving existing products or services or creating new products or services.
- 4.4 DPA may collect and use your Personal Information for other purposes not listed above. If we do so, we will make it known to you at the time we collect and/or use your Personal Information.
To whom we disclose your Personal Information
- 5.1 Other than as specified in clause 5.3, the only third party that DPA will disclose your Sensitive Information to is a Mail Originator where you elect to provide that type of information to that Mail Originator through our products and services that you have specifically requested.
- 5.2 Depending on the nature of your engagement with DPA, we may disclose your Personal Information (other than Sensitive Information) to related entities of DPA, Mail Originators, third parties that provide products and services to DPA or to Mail Originators or directly to you (at your request), fulfilment houses, distributors and other third parties.
- 5.4 Personal Information will be stored and hosted in Australia.
- 6.1 DPA may use your personal information to provide you with promotional material about DPA or the services and products offered by DPA, including information about the Mail Originators that use our products and services. If you do not wish to receive promotional information via our products and services, you can contact our Privacy Officer as specified in clause 9, so that your name can be removed from our marketing lists.
Finding out what Personal Information DPA holds about you
- 7.1 You are entitled to access Personal Information that DPA holds about you. If you request access to your Personal Information, we will grant your request unless providing you with access would unreasonably impact upon the privacy of others or is not otherwise permitted under the National Privacy Principles or the State Privacy Principles. If DPA refuses your request to access your Personal Information, it will provide you with reasons for the refusal.
- 7.2 A request for access can be made by contacting DPA's Privacy Officer as specified in clause 9.
Updating, storage and security of Personal Information held by DPA
- 8.1 DPA aims to keep your Personal Information secure and up to date. Any Personal Information that is collected via our website or which is held on DPA's computer systems is protected by safeguards including security procedures, security policies, physical security at our data centres, intrusion detection functions, firewalls, encryption (including through the use of extended validation SSL (secure socket layer) certificates), and file system and database encryption.
- 8.2 You can update your contact and Personal Information at any time by contacting our Privacy Officer as specified in clause 9. If we find that we have no further need for your Personal Information we may remove it from our systems and destroy all record of it, except for certain Sensitive Information which may be required to be retained in accordance with the requirements of the State Privacy Principles. DPA welcomes any changes to your details so as to keep our records up to date.
write to: The Privacy Officer
Digital Post Australia Pty Limited
PO Box 125
NORTH SYDNEY NSW 2059